Rules for 22202 Holiday Lights
Last update: November 26, 2019
1. Participation is open to all residents within 22202.
2. Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
3. Entry Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, December 16th, 2019.
4. Neighborhood favorite voting opens December 11th and runs through December 18th. Any new entries received after Dec 11th will be added to the voting form as they come in. Votes can be updated anytime until December 18th.
4. Contest is for exterior decorations only, judging will be done from outside the residence only.
5. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets). Judges cannot enter the property to view back or side yards.
6. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Facebook page, social media outlets and/or published in printed publications.
7. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
8. Judging criteria will include:
- one prize for the most Clark Griswold like decorations
- one prize for the most Martha Stewart like decorations
- neighborhood choice will be by online voting, with three points for first choice, two for second, one for third. Most points is the neighborhood choice.
9. Judging will be done by impartial judges on Thursday, December 19, 2019 from 6-7pm. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging period
10. Three prizes winners be determined: One each for best Clark Griswold (judging), best Martha Stewart (judging), neighborhood favorite (voting). An entry can only win one prize - multiple prizes for the same house are not permitted.
11. Each prize winner receives two gift cards:
- $100 gift card from local business of recipient's choice
- $100 Extreme Pizza gift card
11. Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 19th, 2019 at 7:30pm.
12. Winners do not need to be present to win. Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. 13. Rules and dates are subject to change.
14. Be creative, be festive, have fun!